Hey Victoria Here, alright so let me tell you about the year of 2016 for me. My reading goal was 120, I only made it to 107. Which is pretty good because I went from not working at all to only working the weekends to working the weekends and a couple other days here and there to working fulltime hours but still only considered a part-time employee to going to fulltime and now starting a new position at the same place. But we will get back to that shortly. 2016 was a pretty good year, though I didn't travel anywhere new, I did some much needed growing up. I have a new boyfriend his name is Wallace. We have been dating since August 2015. I just never put anything about him on my blog. He's great, he is the better half of me. He completes me as a person. But this year with Wally as I call him has been great.
I started working as a housekeeper in March 2016 at a nursing home. At first it was just on the weekends. But then as it got to the summer my co-workers would go on vacation so I worked a couple days during the week too. Then towards the end of the summer one of my co-workers got transferred out of the building and I had to work full time hours even though I was only part-time. Then my boss hired someone to take his place but she didn't work out so I decided to take the full time position that was open. That was in September. Flash forward to December and one of the activities girls was leaving and I decided to apply for her job and I got it so now I start in activities on the 17th of this month. I am so excited and so are all the residents.
Wally and I did some fun things this year together. For valentines day instead of going out to dinner on the actual day we went out to dinner about a week later and had such a fun time. We went to the beach one day during the summer, that was a lot of fun too. For my birthday we went to New York for the day and went to the Metropolitan museum of Art it was so cool. I have always wanted to go there. We took the train up and got off at Penn station and we walked to times square and we walked down 5th ave some and we walked through central park to get to the museum. We plan to go back to New York again soon.
The saddest part of my 2016 was my grandpa dying. I will miss my poppy. But at least he is no longer suffering. He had been sick for a couple years.
I am so excited to see what 2017 brings for me. My reading goal for 2017 is to read 110 books. See my next post for the list of books I read in 2016!!
No comments:
Post a Comment